Cork Institute of Technology PMTC Researcher Positions
Postdoctoral Researcher and Research Fellow – (1 year contract) Department of Process, Energy & Transport Engineering, Cork Institute of Technology.
The Institute is seeking to recruit two Postdoctoral Researchers to join a Pharmaceutical Technology based project. The Department of Process, Energy has been awarded funding for research as part of the
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Technology Centre (PMTC). The PMTC (hosted in University of Limerick) is funded by Enterprise Ireland and the Industrial Development Authority of Ireland (IDA) and is a collaborative entity to carry out industry focused research (www.pmtc.ie).
The project is focused on modelling of powders for tableting. The role will be based primarily in Cork Institute of Technology although researchers will be expected to carry out some work at other collaborating academic institutes (UCC and UL). CIT are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual with an ability to work to a high standard with a proven track record in a relevant commercial research development or
production environment while still contributing to the team environment (Principle Investigator and fellow Post- Docs).
• PhD in Engineering or Material Science.
• Capability of working effectively within a team to achieve results and evidence of excellent organisational and communication/presentation skills. Proficient in documentation, presentation and project management software
• Keen desire to be innovative and help identify new strategies/technique to achieve goals. The successful candidate will have the ability to apply their expertise to solve complex problems using the data generated from the project.
• Modelling experience (e.g. Finite Element Analysis)
• Good understanding of mechanical processing
• Mechanical/Physiochemical characterisation techniques
• Ability to generate new project ideas; familiarity with applying
for/obtaining grant funding an advantage.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct research at CIT and other collaborator sites to meet objectives of the project.
- To research relevant literature and keep abreast of recent advances in the field.
- To report and present findings on a regular basis to the research team and industrial partners for review purposes.
- To transfer and implement knowledge from the research project into the operations of the industrial partner.
- To prepare reports, publications, conference proceedings, invention disclosures and patents as appropriate.
- To contribute to research assistant supervision and training as required.
Remuneration will be in line with experience (€33,975 - €42,630 for postdoctoral researcher and €52,716- €66,924 for research fellow). The posts will be fixed term 12 month contracts with a strong possibility for it to extend to 2 years. Please contact Dr Sandra Lenihan or Dr Keith Bryan for further information. Email: Sandra.Lenihan@cit.ie Applications by CIT eRecruitment only. Logon to www.cit.ie/vacancies
Closing date for receipt of eApplications is 1.00 pm on 16 June 2017.
CORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER